- gIDE Master: 1-year Clinical Master’s Program in Implantology. Loma Linda University, 2016-2017.
- Private practice in Oral Surgery, Implants and Implant Prosthodontics at Caballero de Rodas Clinic, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Professor of the Master of Oral Surgery, Implantology and Periodontics at the Alfonso X el Sabio University, 2007-2010.
- Clinical residence in Surgery, Implantology and Periodontics. Cimpla Clinic (Dr. Fernando Luengo).
- Clinical residency on Immediate Function, CMBridge, NobelGuide® & All-on-4® at Maló Clinic (Dr. Paulo Maló, Lisbon) 2005-2006
- Various presentations at SEPA on “All-on-4® & NobelGuide® as a treatment for totally edentulous”,
- Degree in Dentistry, Alfonso X El Sabio University, 2004.
Preventive implantology and treatment of Peri-implantitis
Since its inception, peri-implantitis has been the Achilles heel of implantology. It was assumed that a small percentage of implants could fail, but in the long term that percentage grew quite a bit. Peri-implantitis is a challenge due to the consequences and the dilemma it poses: do we preserve or explant?
Over the years, many mechanical, chemical, and surgical treatment techniques have been emerging that have offered us really unstimulating results, since there was always some diminished aspect, generally aesthetics.
It is in this context that 2 basic needs arise in our profession.
One of them is the existence of an implant with a surface and a design that pampers the hard and soft tissues and whose engineering allows establishing a tissue shield that protects it against bacterial invasion. This implant is a reality, it is Nobel Biocare N1™ and this is where we talk about preventive implantology.
On the other hand, for those cases in which the implants have already been affected, the revolutionary GalvoSurge® technology arises, which completely eliminates the biofilm from the surface of any titanium implant, allowing it to regenerate with guarantees and resetting the biological clock. of our implants.