– Degree in Dentistry from the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
– Specialist in Implantology from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
– Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences from the UCM
– Collaborating Professor in the Postgraduate Department of Oral and Occlusion Prosthetics, UCM.
– Collaborating Professor in the Department of Aesthetic Dentistry, Universidad San Pablo CEU (USP-CEU).
– Recipient of the research grant from the American Academy of Implantology (AAID).
– Author of numerous articles in English, Spanish and French, in the field of guided implant surgery and digital dentistry.
– Research advisor on new technologies for Nobel Biocare; facial integration project and guided surgery
– 1st Prize in the Dental Photography contest of the European Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (EAED)
– Member of the American Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
– Affiliate Member of the European Academy of Dental Aesthetics (EAED)
– Member of the Spanish Society of Stomatological Prosthetics (SEPES)
– Member of the Spanish Society of Periodontics (SEPA)
– Director of the Department of Implantology at Clínica Vilaboa.
José Manuel Reuss
The challenge of dental wear. Analogic digital Hop – on, Hop – off
Dental wear is today one of the greatest challenges facing the dentist. Chronic, progressive and irreversible, it courses without pain until very advanced stages, shortening the life of the teeth. The aesthetic and functional implications can affect the patient’s quality of life and put stress on the restorative team. Having diagnostic and treatment protocols for dental wear helps to overcome the vicious circle of this pathology in many cases. Thirty years of clinical experience treating patients with dental wear provide us with the evolution of the type of analog approach to the incorporation of equipment with digital protocols. From the classic wax-up to the integration of aesthetics through the facial scanner (hop-on, analog-digital hop-off), the implementation of a 100% digital protocol is the new challenge and at the same time the new reality.